When done well, direct marketing is the most immediate & effective way to reach a large group of highly targeted prospective customers.
As a business owner, you already know that the best lead or prospect is the one that WANTS what you're selling. Just like the old mail order catalogues, those sale principals can be applied to your online & offline campaigns. In fact, the best platforms incorporate both mediums. From a post card to an elaborate webinar, it is important to create a call-to-action and measure your results.
INSPECT WHAT YOU EXPECT
Regardless of the quality of your marketing materials, remember that customers need to see messages and images over and over again before they really notice them. Direct marketing can also act as a complement your other marketing outreach initiatives. It doesn’t have to stand-alone. Here is our check-list of what to do to get started:
- Decide on your objective - then spend time creating a targeted list of ideal customers.
- Then decide what you want your audience to do, then craft your message & your offer.
- Create an engaging direct marking campaign that generates attention, sparks interest & inspires action.
- Strategically choose a time to deliver the campaign
- Follow the appropriate protocol when deploying your marketing
- Follow-up with a secondary form of contact options like a phone call, second letter, email or carrier pigeon (just kidding!).
- Test, measure & analyze the success of your campaign